When it comes to working out, we all have targets we want to hit.
There’s the ones that are wanting to lift a certain weight, the ones who want to beat their personal best and the ones who strive to run a marathon. We also have those that just want to see physical changes in their bodies.
A common goal for many women is how to get that peachy bum.
Yes, that’s right ladies, we’re all searching for the best peachy bum workout! You don’t need to scroll the pages upon pages anymore, we’ve got you.
Get that perfect peachy bum in no time with the best bum exercises we have below.
The benefits of gaining that round bum
We may all have the goal of wanting to post our bum all over our news feed! However, doing these peachy bum workout routines has many benefits for your body too.
Now we know that the most exciting part is getting that round bum, but you’ll also find that you’re stronger and more stable overall. It is likely that you will notice a vast improvement in your posture too.
If you’re someone that is wanting to shift some weight first, focusing on these workouts alone to lose fat just won’t be that effective. It’s not all bad though, you will gain muscle in certain areas – such as your bum.
So, what are the best bum exercises? Let’s look into it!
How to get a nice bum: the peachy bum workout
When it comes to exercise, we women work out differently to men. Mainly because we have a different set of goals, including getting a peachy bum.
Cardio: doing it right
Doing the right cardio can mean sweating it out on the step machines at the gym, going to a step class or an uphill walk.
Any of those exercises will get you feeling the burn and working towards that peachy bum you’ve always wanted.
Here are some examples of cardio that can help you reach your target weight, tone you up and hit that bum goal:
- Rowing for 30 minutes can burn 270 calories
- Kickboxing can have you burning around 475 calories in 45 minutes
- 40 minutes on a step machine can quickly burn 380 calories
- Going on a run that is average 8 minutes a mile can burn 360 in 30 minutes
- Burn 635 calories in 60 minutes at a step class (based on a step that’s at least 10” high)
- 20 minutes walking at 4 mph on a 10% incline can burn up to 200 calories
Side leg raise
A peachy bum workout that will leave you with no excuses, you can do this at the gym or in the comfort of your own home!
- Lay on your right side ensuring your hips are in line with each other.
- Stretch out your right arm to hold yourself and lean in on your forearm.
- Keep your core engaged and hold your torso up, leaving just your hip, leg and forearm on the floor.
- Ensure you keep your body straight, lift your leg and keep your toes facing forward.
- Steadily get into that position and then hold it when you reach the top, then slowly return to your starting position.
To make it easier, try to split the exercise into parts. This will also help in stopping your leg from dropping back down.
If you want to progress this movement, try adding in ankle weights or using a resistance band.
Also Read: 5 fitness tips for women
Prone leg raises
Wanting to get that nice round bum? Well aren’t you in the right place! Add this workout into your exercise routine and you’ll be on your way to your own peachy bum in no time.
- Start by laying on your front and rest your chin on your hands.
- Squeeze the muscles in your bum and engage the core.
- Raise one leg up behind you, keep your knee straight as your thigh lifts from the floor
If you think you can push yourself further in this exercise, try to increase the motions and alternate your arms and legs. So when raising your left leg, do the same with your right arm.
Then if you’re really wanting to maximise and challenge yourself, add in some ankle weights or dumbbells.
External rotation – with resistance bands
- Sit on the ground and support your weight using your elbows.
- Put a resistance band on your legs so it sits roughly at the knees.
- Open your knees and keep your feet together, push against the bands.
- When you can’t push any further, pause for a moment and then return to the start.
If you find you’ve mastered this exercise, try moving whilst you do it. This peachy bum workout can also be amended to do whilst standing and putting the band around your ankles.
This exercise could easily be one of the best bum exercises! It will help you gain that round bum as it really targets the glutes and your leg muscles too.
- Get into a deep lunge position so your knees are at right angles, keep your right behind and left in front. Try not to push forward as your knees will go over your toes.
- Push through your left foot and bring your right knee up towards your chest. If you’re wanting some more from this, you can swing your arms like you’re power walking.
- Bring yourself up and put your weight on the balls of your feet and then pause, before returning to the start.
Top tip for this exercise… tense and engage those glutes throughout this workout.
Also Read: How much weight can you lose in a month?
There’s more than a few variations for this bum exercise. Instead of swinging your arms you can hold dumbbells or add a jump when at the top of the movement. If you really want to work those arms too, raise them above your head as you swing them.
If you thought you could get a peachy bum without doing squats, then I’m afraid you’re sorely mistaken.
How to get a round bum is your question… Squats are the answer!
Squats are by far the most popular bum exercises, not only because they get those glutes burning, but they tone your legs too!
Start with feet hip-width apart and slightly bend your knees. Keep your core engaged and put your arms in one of the following positions:
- Straight out in front of you – great for balance
- Crossed over your chest
- Holding dumbbells at your sides
- Holding a weighted bar across your shoulders
Next, put your weight on the backs of your feet and bend your legs to lower yourself down. Just think of it as sitting down in a chair and keeping your knees in line with your toes.
Try to get your legs to a 90-degree angle or less and then hold.
Once you’ve held that for a couple of seconds, use you legs and glutes to force your body upwards to the start position.
There are some variations you can try if you want to get more from your squats.
Adding in weights somehow will guarantee a boost and take you to the next level. You could use a weighted bar across your shoulders or hold a dumbbell in each hand. To get your legs feeling the burn you can add a little bounce whilst holding the squat.
Here is yet another exercise that you can do pretty much anywhere. Glute kickbacks are one of the best bum exercises if you’re wanting to strengthen your legs and get that round bum.
- Start on your hands and knees ensuring they’re in line with your shoulders and hips.
- Ensure your legs are at right angles and as you lift one leg, keep your hamstring in line with your back.
- Keep your foot flat as this will get you back to the start, don’t overstretch with your legs or point your toes.
- Tighten those glutes as you bring your leg up, pause and then return to the starting position.
You can maximise this peachy bum workout by adding a little weight. You can do this by adding a dumbbell at the crook of your knee or ankle weights.
There are some great ways to change it up too! You can quickly adapt this movement into a fire hydrant; instead of raising your leg behind you, lift it to the side. This works all of the glute muscles and builds towards getting that peachy bum.
Lunges are an awesome bum exercise as not only does it work the glutes, but it gives your legs a workout too!
- Stand upright and take a large step forward with your left leg.
- Let your other leg drop and bend at the knee so that your right knee is almost touching the floor.
- Pause for a moment and make sure your front leg doesn’t push forward over your toes
- Push through your left foot to straighten up and get back to the start.
If you fancy taking it up notch, try holding a dumbbell in each hand and keep them by your side. To really push yourself and show off your skills, give walking lunges a go!
Top tips to getting a peachy bum
1. Work all over
In that your ultimate goal here is to get that perfect peachy bum, you’d think you should be putting all your efforts into those bum exercises. Although, if you take a wider approach and include other workouts to work your whole body, this will help build your overall strength and prevent you from experiencing any boredom with your workouts.
2. Keep a watchful eye on those hamstrings
As silly as you think it might seem, not neglecting your hamstrings will contribute to gaining your peachy bum.
This is because our hamstrings have three main muscles and these are closely attached to your glutes. Meaning if you work on these, you’ll achieve that round shape to your bum.
3. Don’t take your foot off the pedal too much
We’ve all been guilty of scrolling through our phone when we’re at the gym or just staring into space. If you’re wanting that peachy bum, try not to take a rest of more than a minute.
If you rest for too long, your muscles will relax again and you won’t be pushing them far enough to get your round bum.
4. Your new bestie – weights
Cardio is great if you’re looking to lose weight and burn calories, but it won’t get you that peachy bum! However, if it’s cardio you want to do, try and do the ones we advised above. These will help to build your strength and tone up.
Now, say hello to weights – your new best friend!
To push yourself and get more from the exercises we’ve given you, simply add ankle weights or dumbbells. Perhaps challenge yourself even more and try deadlifts! There really is no hiding that adding weights into your routine will get you that round bum you’re striving for.
5. You need to feel the burn
Nobody likes that sore feeling after a workout! Instead, see it as a sign that you’re doing the right thing and you’re working hard.
Also Read: 30 day meal plan for weight loss
If you get up the next day feeling fresh, you haven’t pushed far enough. Get yourself back in the gym and don’t leave until you can barely walk!
6. Do a variety of workouts
To really boost yourself and be on that journey to your dream peachy bum get doing those squats, lunges, and deadlifts if you’re really feeling it. When you’re in the gym, try to use machines that work your glute muscles as you wouldn’t have access to them when working out at home.
Resistance bands are great for home workouts and exercising at home is easier to schedule into your day.
Changing up your workout not only works different muscle groups, it also prevents us from losing motivation and getting tired of the same workouts.
7. Take it up a notch
By this point, it goes without saying that you should be pushing yourself as much as you can, after all, you’re the ones that get the reward peachy bum!
If you find that these bum exercises start to feel easier, add weights and try different variations. Review your progress and increase the weight increment every 2-4 weeks.
Ready to get the best bum ever?
These tips should make getting that perfect peachy bum an absolute breeze! Remember, switching up your workouts will keep you motivated, with added weight kicking your butt exercises up a notch!
Need to lose a little extra weight first? No problem! Zotrim has been carefully