Ladies, we’re all in the same boat here. You want to exercise, but the thought of fitting a gym workout into your day seems completely impossible. Understandably, on some days that is likely true.
However, it is really important to ensure that you make time to look after yourself. For many women, exercise is something we know we should do, but it tends to end up at the bottom of all lists as there are work commitments, house tasks, and potentially children to juggle too.
So, it is then absolutely no surprise that a study has revealed that 47% of women in the UK say they don’t do any sort of regular exercise. Perhaps it was easier when we were all in lockdown and there were plenty of Youtube home workout videos to do. Due to the pandemic, many influencers released videos that were friendly for all ages, sizes, and fitness levels.
It is recommended by the government that we aim to get 150 minutes of exercise each week, but that seems so out of reach with all the demands you have. When broken down, 150 minutes of activity is 30 minutes, five days a week, which to some seems much less overwhelming. However, it is also possible to half the target to 75 minutes, but only if you exercise vigorously. If you’re up to a world of pain and sweat, then maybe that is the option for you.
We don’t like burpees
Who thought that jumping in the air, going down into a press up, and coming up again would be such a hateful exercise? Many of us will avoid high-impact exercises and the idea of weight lifting isn’t a keen choice either.
Lots of us also find the gym very off-putting. A place full of fit, bulging muscles and physical perfection is very intimidating, especially if you’re carrying a few extra pounds. There is also some need to keep up with all the latest trends in activewear and it’s embarrassing when you don’t know how some of the equipment works.
Also Read: Give yourself more energy with these 10 tips
Then there is the idea of working out at home. All too often this involved online videos that claimed to be aimed at “beginners”, but expected a level of fitness and knowledge that many people don’t have, especially those who are new to exercise.
Let’s get moving
It is believed that the key to getting everyone moving is looking for ways to build activity, that work into your life. This basically means making sure you’re getting those steps in and adding some healthy habits into your routine. Seemingly, the most effective exercises are the “composite” ones, this is because they can work several muscles at the same time.
Seven minutes has been put down as the perfect amount of time to exercise. Five minutes doesn’t seem enough and 10 minutes feels too much. Not just that, but everyone is capable of finding seven minutes in their day to achieve the results they want. If you do the right exercises within that time you can really up your fitness level, increase your strength, and lose weight.
Standing leg kicks would be a great exercise to make use of that seven minutes. Not only do they help build your strength in your arms and legs, but they also work your abdomen and butt. All of this will help improve your balance and raise your heart rate to burn calories and improve fitness.
There is also no need for any special kind of equipment or clothing, so they can do done anytime, anywhere. The exercise may look simple, but it is very effective. For some, the key is exercising without even knowing you’re doing it. It’s important to keep things simple and that targets remain realistic, it’s doing something that counts. Work and chores may seem important, but it’s your health that should be at the top of your list.
Just seven minutes
No matter the duration or difficulty, everyone feels better after getting their body moving. Surely, even with the busiest of schedules, you’ve got seven minutes somewhere in your day to workout?
Also Read: HIIT: Should I be doing it every day?
We’re going to give you a workout to try, that will get your heart going. Before starting anything, warm up by marching on the spot for 30 seconds, then do the exercises in order. Try each exercise for a full minute and then stretch out your muscles when you’ve finished.
So, in minute one you’re going to do leg kicks, these will raise your heart rate and build your core strength. By doing so, you will be improving your flexibility and balance.
- Stand up straight with your core and glutes engaged
- Swing one leg up as high as you can, keep it straight
- Stretch your left hand out forward and try to touch your foot, before bringing it back down
- Alternate kicking out each leg as many times as you can in 60 seconds
Minute two is going to consist of the waist whittler movement. Now, this exercise tones your oblique muscles (these run down the sides of your waist) which builds core mobility and helps to stabilize your muscles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with your knees slightly bent and arms crossed over your chest
- Next, bend towards the right from your waist and reach your right hand out and down
- Return to the center and alternate sides for 60 seconds
Lunge to kick
Lunge to kick is your exercise for minute number three.
- Start with your feet hip-width apart and lunge your right leg behind you, with your left leg at a 90-degree bend
- Kick your right leg out in front of you as you come back to the standing position
- Repeat for 30 seconds on the same leg and then switch legs for the other 30 seconds
Now, this one takes a little coordination but it’s worth it. Speed skater for minute four is a movement that improves stability in your hips, knees, and ankles. Not only that, but it’s another exercise that gets your heart pumping.
- Swing your right leg behind you
- Bend your left leg and bring your right arm forward whilst your left arm goes back
- Then hop to change sides so your leg arm is in front and your left leg behind
- Switch sides just like a speed skater and keep going for 60 seconds
Also Read: How you can lose two pound a week
We’re five minutes in now and for this one you’re going to do a side shuffle. Performing this exercise is a great way to strengthen your lower body.
- Start in a squat, with your knees and hips bent and hands clasped out in front of you
- Whilst staying low, step sideways a couple of paces to your right and feel the stretch in the side of your leg as you move
- Between each pace, bring your feet together
- Repeat this by going left and continue to alternate sides for 60 seconds
Punch and crunch
You’re nearly there now at minute six with punch and crunch. This exercise is really great for heart health and also strengthens your arms, back, core and legs.
- Start with your legs out wide and fists close to your body and elbows out
- Punch one arm out straight and then the other, four times
- Next, lift your right knee as high as you can and put your arms by your sides
- Step your right foot back and bring the other up into another knee crunch
- Repeat four on each side for 30 seconds
Step in and out
The final minute, ladies! It’s step time for your last exercise of the routine. This move aims to target your legs and upper body. Exercises such as step aerobics can be great for boosting your mood and energy levels.
- Stand up straight with your arms by your sides
- Step your right foot out and then the left and raise your arms above your head
- Then, step your feet back in and lower your arms.
- Again, step your feet out and raise your hands to shoulder height.
- Get back into the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds
The bottom line
Well, there it is, ladies, the proof that you can smash a good workout in just seven minutes. You can really get your heart racing which is great for your cardiovascular health. Additionally, all the movements we’ve given you will help to strengthen muscles all over your body.
Want to gain more?
Whether you’re someone that works out 150 minutes a week, or that seven minutes a day, the goal is still the same. To get our body moving to feel fitter and healthier.
If you feel like you could do with a little more, then Zotrim is the one for you.
With Zotrim, you can expect faster weight loss than with any other prescription drug, as well as help to:
- Reduce your appetite
- Control your hunger and cravings
- Cut your daily calorie intake
Come on, ladies, you can do this!